21 December, 2009
SURVIVOR: SAMOA'S Finale was the Most Watched Survivor Finale in Seven Seasons
A steadfast fan favourite, last night’s final tribal council determined the champion of the most riveting Survivor season in recent years. And the proof is in the numbers. 2.8 million Canadians tuned into Global for the finale of Survivor: Samoa – the 19th edition of the groundbreaking reality series.
In total, an astounding 6.1 million Canadians watched all or a part of last night’s season finale and reunion special.
SURVIVOR: SAMOA FINALE (8pm) DATA HIGHLIGHTS:
· Most-watched finale audience since Survivor: Panama in 2006
· 2.8 million viewers 2+; 72% more viewers than last Spring’s Survivor: Tocantins finale
· 1.6 million viewers in key A18-49 demo
· Won the night nationally, and in all major markets, in every demo
· Almost 3 times the audience of closest competitor, CTV’s Shrek The Third and The Bourne Supremacy
Fans who missed the finale can catch up anytime at GlobalTV.com.
The all-new Survivor Season 20: Heroes Vs. Villains premieres Thursday, February 11, 2010.
Source: All data, as of August 31st 2009, BBM Canada PPM Overnight Data. CHANNEL CANADA Canada's Entertainment and Broadcasting Information