The current State of Emergency in Samoa requires that all international borders remain closed until further notice. Samoa remains free of COVID-19 and we hope to be able to welcome you back once it is safe. For any travellers who have already purchased international travel arrangements are advised to contact their booking agents for further information.
Except in exceptional circumstances approved by Cabinet, all international travel to and from Samoa by plane are ceased. Repatriation of Samoan citizens to Samoa from American Samoa and vice versa may be possible via Samoa Airways. Mandatory COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements are in effect. For more information, please contact the Ministry of Health.
All boats and ships are prohibited access except in particular circumstances.
1. ALL passengers are advised to communicate straight to the Samoa Health Authorities 21 days before planned travel time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further clarification pertaining to travel advice.
2. All travelers will be assessed on a case-by-case basis before being granted permission to travel to Samoa.
3. Due to the current COVID-19 development in Fiji and the presence of the COVID-19 Delta Variant reported in over 80 countries globally.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH - ANY OTHER LANGUAGE WILL BE DENIED BOARDING WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
4. With Samoa's limited and delayed supply of COVID-19 Vaccines from COVAX facility, Travelers including crew are NOW required to be fully vaccinated before entry into Samoa with any COVID-19 vaccine and preferably vaccines already pre-qualified by the World Health Organization (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Janssen, Moderna, Sinopharm).
5. A legitimate vaccine certificate is required for boarding. Being fully vaccinated implies completion of the required prescribed doses as per vaccine used. All should have completed 2 weeks post vaccination prior to travel. The vaccine certificate must be a Health Authority Approved Certificate/Card of country where vaccination took place and should contain the following information:
6. A hard copy of vaccine certificate must be presented on arrival into Samoa for sighting and also on registration at quarantine/isolation facilities.
7. A Negative rtPCR COVID test is still required to be taken within 72 hours of departure from originating airport. The lab result must be presented in hard copy on arrival into Samoa.
8. Blood Serology for COVID-19 Antibody Test to be done within 7 days before departure from originating airport must be presented in hard copy on arrival into Samoa. Rapid serology tests for IgM and lgG is not acceptable. Flight crews are exempted from this requirement if fully vaccinated.
9. Medical Clearance signed and done within 120 hours of departure from originating airport is still required. The medical clearance must be presented in hard copy on arrival into Samoa.
10. Passengers who haven't been vaccinated or failed to complete required doses of vaccination will be denied boarding.
11. Children under 18 years and ALL who satisfy exempted criteria for Vaccination as per country of origin specific COVlD-19 vaccination policy are required to comply with requirements a,b&c below, in addition, a mandatory written report from a registered medical officer stating reason for exemption, refusal to vaccinate due to personal belief or his/her right is NOT a valid reason for exemption:
12. All passengers will go into quarantine on arrival. Passengers who have complied with vaccination requirements should expect quarantine for a period determined by the Ministry of Health depending on vaccine type, and country of origin. Passengers categorized under bullet point 11 above will remain in quarantine for the full duration of quarantine OR as determined by the Ministry.
13. Any Passenger or Crew with a History of a Positive COVID-19 rtPCR test is NOT allowed to enter Samoa, unless they have satisfied the following:
Due to Fiji"s current status worsening the following requirements now enforced;
I. All NEW joining crew including any traveler are NOW required to be fully vaccinated before joining any vessel designated for Samoa with any COVID-19 vaccine and preferably vaccines already pre-qualified by the World Health Organization (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Janssen, Moderna, Sinopharm,).
a). A legitimate vaccine certificate is required and a hard copy to be present on arrival into Samoa, an e-copy can be emailed before departure. Fully vaccinated implies completion of the required prescribed doses as per vaccine used.
b). A Negative rtPCR COVID test is still required to be taken wit hin 72 hours of departure from originating seaport. The lab result must be transmitted via email or present hard copy on arrival into Samoa.
c). A blood serology for COVID-19 lgG and lgM antibodies to be done within 7 days is required before departure from originating seaport. The lab result must be transmitted via email or present hard copy on arrival into Samoa.
d). Medical Clearance signed and done within 120 hours of departure from originating seaport is still required. The medical clearance must be transmitted via email or present hard copy on arrival into Samoa.
2. All crew who have been on the vessel for 30 days or more who have or haven't been vaccinated is required to have a PCR test done at last port of call before onward voyage to Samoa.
3. Shipping companies and agents are advised to redirect voyages to last port of call where PCR tests can be done or Countries categorized as COVlD-19 free (countries with no community transmission) before direct voyaging to Samoa.
4. Any New Crew with a history of a positive COVID-19 rtPCR test is not allowed to enter Samoa:
5. A Vessel Crew who has been tested POSITIVE for COVID-19at last port of call will not be accepted.
6. All vessels are assessed on a case by case basis.
7. All vessels and Fishing vessels entering Samoa that do not comply with the above, will be quarantined for a period not less than 21 days unless determined by the Ministry of Health.
WE EXPECT ALL TRAVELLERS AND CREW ENTERING SAMOA WILL COMPLY WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS.
Your compliance with the conditions listed is imperative to ensuring the safety of all travelers and our people in Samoa. We endeavor to keep Samoa COVID-19 Free.
For travel preparations visit the Ministry of Health website at www.health.gov.ws to download the Government of Samoa, Ministry of Health Medical Clearance Health form and for information regarding rules of quarantine.
The Ministry of Health appreciates your full cooperation and patience on arrival as you may experie nce long delays.
There are penalties if the conditions of quarantine are breached. This applies to all people in quarantine leaving or individuals and families going to quarantine sites.
The Ministry of Health is not responsible or liable for any costs or lost items on arrival or while in quarantine.