Consular staff at the New Zealand embassy can:
- Provide advice re lost or stolen passports if you need to travel urgently
- Help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds
- Provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested
- Provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured
- Help with arrangements following a death overseas
- In certain circumstances, provide notarial services such as witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law
- Account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crisis, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit www.safetravel.govt.nz
If you have questions about passports, please refer to http://www.passports.govt.nz/.
In certain circumstances, the staff at this Embassy are able to witness affidavits, affirmations, statutory declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law.
The witnessing must take place at the New Zealand Embassy. Please call the Embassy Consular staff to enquire about this service, including applicable fees.